In October 2018, HELP: MLP evaluator, James Teufel, and HELP: MLP director, Daniel Atkins, along with other colleagues, co-authored Debunking Five Myths Linked to the Narrow Perspective of Access to Justice. The article, published in Management Information Exchange Journal, discusses the current evidence-based practice of law to debunk myths related to legal services for low-income populations.
The five myths are:
- That we live in a litigious society;
- Access and affordability of civil justice;
- Inequities in procedural justice have a minimal impact on case outcomes;
- The population impact of legal representation is non-quantifiable; and
- Justice for justice’s sake alone.
Check out the entire article here.